Sniffing the CAN-BUS with the SuperSniffer Software v1.xx

Re: Sniffing the CAN-BUS with the SuperSniffer Software v1.x

Postby JacquesJNel » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Perfect.

The displays basically work in the same way as a car they have a 24+ ground CANH and CANL. But I cant wait to hear from you, been playing with the super sniffer software you made and looks like it might be everything I need but lets take it step by step.

Regards
Jacques Nel
JacquesJNel

Postby MartinViljoen » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi Jacques.

What you want to do sounds very doable. Sending a message into the bus is really easy.
Getting the message that you wan to send is more tricky but I imagine a lift has nowhere near as many messages as a vehicle has.

Reading an input message from a relay into the arduino is also super simple. As long as its a small amount of DC (I think it has to be below 5v)
Sounds like all you have to do is get the message you want to send, If you can give me the message I will be able to create you a sketch that will accept an input from a relay and then transmit the message to the Lift display.
MartinViljoen

Postby JacquesJNel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi Martin

I am thinking of using you Super Sniffer and plugging it into an existing elevator's CAN bus.

Could it be as easy as just plugging it in, sniffing the bus and bobs your uncle?

As for the code I would very much appreciate it you can write me some code, I am very much a beginner when it comes to coding and a bit lost. For learning purposes can you maybe write me the code and leave the message that needs to be sent blank (or even write your name in place of the code?) so that I can slowly read up on what the code means so that I can understand it better?

Also how would I go about finding out what settings/ baud rate to use to sniff the code or is this a case of trail and error until the right one pops up?

Thanks a lot for the replies and help on this matter, means a lot

Kind regards
Jacques Nel
JacquesJNel

Postby JacquesJNel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi Martin

I have created a new topic called Elevator CAN BUS, thought this would be easier to keep track instead of commenting in another topic

Looking forward to your replies
JacquesJNel

Postby JacquesJNel » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 am

I am not sure if this is going to be a dumb question but every time I try to connect to the com port using the supersniffer software I get a "run-time error 8020 Error reading comm device".

I know this has been a issue with Windows 10 and the VB but do you guy know of a easy fix to this problem, I have been on google and cant seem to find a "good" solution to the problem only one or two jippo fixes that I dont really trust trying.

The thing that bugs me tho is that putty works and connects 100%, should this not be the same for the supersniffer then?

I added a screen shot of the putty connecting and thats the data I can get out of the elevator system I am trying to hack and my car

Any advice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JacquesJNel

Postby POPOV » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Lovely tool, many thanks to the creator of it!
Some years ago I was looking for a similar tool but could not find one. Did some reverse engineering but eventually gave up as I lacked the proper tool.
This is what I manged to achieve, hopefully the information in the link will assist someone else on here.
http://secuduino.blogspot.se/2011/10/fis-seat-leon-cupra-english.html
POPOV

Postby zana2004 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:23 am

hello.... im make all steps in putty and serial monitor in android i can get data but in supersniffer software i cant get data i conect to com but not view any data id ... why .. can help me ???
zana2004

Postby iulik2k1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:50 am

try to sniff my car. i can't download software, i'm working on my own version.
anyone interested on this project?
iulik2k1

Postby root-shell » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:20 pm

hello from where can i download the software
thanks
root-shell

Postby Claudiupromotion » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi, I have a BMW e60 2008 and I am trying to map the multimedia controls on the car with arduino to control the headlights intensity and color, now I control them with arduino and some switches,but Ican't Download the software.How I download it?
Claudiupromotion

PreviousNext

Return to OBD2 & CAN-BUS Projects