Sniffing the CAN-BUS with the SuperSniffer Software v1.xx

Re: Sniffing the CAN-BUS with the SuperSniffer Software v1.x

Postby Grinder » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Greetings, Martin!
Sorry for my bad English.
Thank you for you sniffer, it's very useful.
Can you share the source code of your software? I want to rewrite it on C# language.
Grinder

Postby MartinViljoen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Grinder wrote:Greetings, Martin!
Sorry for my bad English.
Thank you for you sniffer, it's very useful.
Can you share the source code of your software? I want to rewrite it on C# language.

Hey, the SC is in the first post of this thread
MartinViljoen

Postby parrafin23 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:52 pm

Quite intresting.. Mighty intresting.. But an old thread..

I downloaded your program and your sketch, It compiled ok and all honky dory, I thought.. I have the uno and the shield from elecfreaks, added the library, but no go.
Tested with the example sketch and it works just fine, I see can messages in putty or serial monitor just fine.
Exited the ide and started your program, selected the com port and connect.. No messages appears.. hmm.. I tested another sketch and i see loads of messages but it doesnt work in your program.
Im no expert in coding and Arduino stuff, so I allways strugle, but I understand the consept.

I have an instrument cluster from a 2007 Lr3 in my "bench" that i can play with, it was given to me cause the garage thought there was something wrong with it , so they opted for us of the Parts cannon. Then they replaced the Airbag module (srs) (didnt solve the issue). so I got both for free, and a bonus I got a Body Control Module too. with 2 dead relays for rear windows.

I'd like to sniff around the HighSpeed Can in my car. My plan is to replace the original satnav screen, Newest maps for this is 2011 - 2012. But There is one function that i realy want to keep and thats the Air suspension info, gear box and diff locks will be displayed on the screen under 4x4Info button. This info is connected to the MS canbus via the radio, thats the gateway between all the can bus'ez in the vehicle.

Any pointers guys on what I should try?

Mr.P
parrafin23

Postby MartinViljoen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:07 pm

parrafin23 wrote:Quite intresting.. Mighty intresting.. But an old thread..

I downloaded your program and your sketch, It compiled ok and all honky dory, I thought.. I have the uno and the shield from elecfreaks, added the library, but no go.
Tested with the example sketch and it works just fine, I see can messages in putty or serial monitor just fine.
Exited the ide and started your program, selected the com port and connect.. No messages appears.. hmm.. I tested another sketch and i see loads of messages but it doesnt work in your program.
Im no expert in coding and Arduino stuff, so I allways strugle, but I understand the consept.

I have an instrument cluster from a 2007 Lr3 in my "bench" that i can play with, it was given to me cause the garage thought there was something wrong with it , so they opted for us of the Parts cannon. Then they replaced the Airbag module (srs) (didnt solve the issue). so I got both for free, and a bonus I got a Body Control Module too. with 2 dead relays for rear windows.

I'd like to sniff around the HighSpeed Can in my car. My plan is to replace the original satnav screen, Newest maps for this is 2011 - 2012. But There is one function that i realy want to keep and thats the Air suspension info, gear box and diff locks will be displayed on the screen under 4x4Info button. This info is connected to the MS canbus via the radio, thats the gateway between all the can bus'ez in the vehicle.

Any pointers guys on what I should try?

Mr.P

Hi , sorry it's not working for you. I haven't used this software in ages, Also often things change a bit and the software becomes dated and not working anymore.
However, I kind of started a new project which should in theory work a little bit better.

The idea is to do the reverse engineering directly on a micro controller as opposed to external software. Catch is you must use a Arduino Mega because its has a faster chip and more memory compared to a Arduino UNO. I had a spare mega laying around that came out of my 3d printer, who's voltage regulator is blown , but fortunately still powers via the USB port.

See the GIT hub page here https://github.com/mailmartinviljoen/WisperChipCli
and the tutorial here http://www.techtinker.co.za/2018/11/24/ ... -software/

So you basically connect the CAN-BUS shield to the Mega , load the scetch and the log into it using a terminal such as putty.
You will then be presented with a command line console, from there you can type help to get a list of commands and tools you can use to execute on the can bus such as monitoring.
MartinViljoen

Previous

Return to OBD2 & CAN-BUS Projects